I am a lipstick and lip gloss addict. Which is totally strange because only a few years ago I never wore anything on my lips except for Vaseline. But as I have gotten older and moved closer and closer to my 40’s (AHHHHH!!!) my face basically looks dead until I have a lip on. Lipstick is the finishing touch to my makeup routine and really brings my whole face to life. You can literally change your entire appearance by applying lipstick. Numerous times, too many to count or confess up to, I have been feeling terrible (either sick, hung over, tired, etc) and had to go out of the house for a dinner, the grocery store, pick up a kid, I added a little lipstick and somehow I magically looked put together. Just making that small effort make a big difference.
So where am I going with this. Well….My top 5 lipsticks and glosses for Fall. For Fall I stuck with a cool palette. Meaning a lot of the colors have a blue undertone and are more in the pink, mauve, red category. With so many reach colors for Fall these pared so beautiful with those color stories. Enjoy!
1. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick The color is Aria. I have mentioned this lip gloss so many times because I swear by it. IT NEVER COMES OFF! One coat and you are done for at least 12 hours. I do re-apply after eating. The color is still there but it isn’t as fresh. Apply then let it dry. Once dry blot your lips with a napkin or tissue.**It doesn’t have a high shine so you can add a gloss on top once it dries.
2. Revlon Colorburst – I love that this gloss doesn’t feel sticky at all, you actually barely feel like you are wearing anything at all. It feels very moisturizing on. And I love this color Desert Spice. It is a deeper, richer red and not quite as in your face as a true red.
3. bareMinerals Moxie Plumping Lip Gloss I actually received this as a gift last year and have replenished it ever since. The gloss is thick which I like because you only need to apply once. It has peppermint in it so you feel that refreshing tingle when you apply it. And it plump your lips a little, so who isn’t down for that! This color Maverick is a medium maroon shade. More brown than red.
4. Dose of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick I was super nervous to try a matte lipstick but I was really surprised with how much I liked this one. It is highly pigmented and ultra comfortable to wear. It goes on creamy so you can move it around and then dries to a matte finish. I would recommend making sure you don’t have any dry skin prior to applying. Just do a light exfoliation. The color Dusty Rose I thought was just a really pretty neutral color for Fall.
5. Smashbox Legendary Liquid Lip This is the one I was wearing in my Instagram picture. The color was Crimson Chrome. This gloss has a metallic like finish. One coat and you have a very saturated color. This is for someone who wants a bold, bright lip. I would recommend more for a night out then an everyday lip color. I added a little bit of a nude lip gloss just to break up the metallic a little bit and I love how it turned out.
Would love to hear from you if you try any of these and get your opinions. Or if you have any recommendations, I am always open to trying new colors and products! As always, happy shopping!